The University of Lahore (UOL), the largest private sector university in Pakistan with more than 37,500 students in 7 campuses has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with AM99 and its consortium group of over 20 diverse companies to collaborate in various projects relating to business sector, culture, and research.
AM99 is a chain of companies dealing in development & construction; import & export; security management services; travels & tourism; solar systems; water purification & distillation; industry automation; steel manufacturing; and event management. Both parties (UOL & AM99) will be arranging mutual interaction events with the corporate sector aimed at broadening the vision and experiences of students and planning and executing other activities intended to promote research and innovation in the industry-academia linkage.
The MoU signing ceremony was held at UOL on April 17, 2018. Pro-Rector Academics, Mr Nasir Mahmood signed on behalf of UOL and Brigadier Asif Mahmood (Retd), Chairman TABA foundation, represented AM99. Mr Shahid Lone Bhai, the Chairman of Allah Waley Trust, Abdul Rauf Bhai from LUMS, Ms Farah Mahmood, Director UOL Relief, Umar Butt Manager Operations and Projects, and Waqar Azeem from Pro-Rector Office UOL also witnessed the signing occasion.
Under this arrangement, UOL as a collaborator will support AM99 activities voluntarily; engage students to work in business sector both for internships and jobs; and arrange study tours of the industry (business sector) for hands-on training of students. AM99 on the other hand will support UOL activities on business innovations and industry academia linkage; mobilize its sister companies for Research & Development works where needed; and participate in UOL organized events whenever possible. AM99 will also supervise and support students doing research on topics given by UOL in business sector connecting them with the right organizations, companies and experts, and assist in organizing students’ study cultural tours of the business sector especially Gwadar.
UOL was established in 1999 and has since then been offering courses in the fields of Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering, Arts, Sciences and Social Sciences. With strong emphasis on balanced progress and focus on human capital, the University has grown to 11 faculties and 40 departments. The quality of the teaching facility and research excellence has also earned its international recognition, placing the university amongst the top 6 first Pakistani Universities to be ranked in the 2012 QS Asia Ranking. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognizes the University of Lahore at its highest “W4” category of universities reserved for those institutions that fulfill all criterion of an International Quality University.
UOL Relief Trust signs MoU with TABA
In similar manner, The University of Lahore on the same day signed a separate memorandum of understanding (MoU) with TABA Foundation & TABA Youth Force referred as “TABA” which is one the giant projects of AM99. Both organisations agreed to engage students into community welfare projects especially those relating to social service, culture, and research.
TABA-UOL Youth Chapter will also be launched to organize different constructive activities in the University such as anti-drugs campaigns, interfaith harmony seminars, leadership, and management and information technology workshops. Students will be linked to renowned professionals in serving humanity through varied sectors. TABA will also help UOL with regards to student internships and provide best possible support in the arrangement of seminars and workshops concerning social development.
TABA will soon conduct awareness and recruitment session in UOL in which TABA Leader of Operations Khalid Mahmood Bhai will introduce TABA Youth Force to students and discover their potential. After this drive, a core team of TABA Youth Force UOL Chapter will be selected to start moving humanitarian services to an advanced level.
Quick facts about AM99 and TABA
- AM99 has executed a number of projects at Lahore and Islamabad.
- It has also its regional office at Gwadar which is looking after several projects including “The TABA” project on which development activities have already commenced.
- AM99 is the pioneer developer of Gwadar where its regional office is located.
- “The TABA” is Priority-I project on which development activities have already commenced. There are 5 other projects planned in Gwadar to be commenced after completion of phase 1. This Project include 5/4 Star Hotels, Trade Centre, Business Hub, Tourist/ beach resort, Serviced Apartments and Humanity Services Centre.
- AM99 represents Pakistan on different international forums with regards to CPEC sessions. Chairman AM99 recently shared Gwadar Project in Sarajevo Parliament and have visited many countries as expert on CPEC.
- Advisory Board has prominent members like; Consultant Kamran Lashari, DG Walled City Lahore & Ex Chairman Capital Development Authority Islamabad, Ahmar Bilal Soofi, Ex Federal Law Minister and present Chairman UN International Law Committee, and Major General (Retired) Mohammad Raza, former Ambassador of Pakistan in Mauritius.
- TABA is involved in career counseling sessions of students; trains the teachers to build capacity in quality teaching; mobilizes disaster management cluster in times of calamities; carry out joint health camps in disaster management and peacetime; trains students in leadership and management; takes part in poverty alleviating projects such as Akhuwat Foundation, Kawish Welfare Trust and many more.
- TABA Youth Chapter developed an Application that enables students to share social activities.
- TABA organizes the “Rising Pakistan” annually in which Heroes of Pakistan are remembered.
- Has assisted Syrian refugees in collaboration with Human Appeal International